How to choose wall decal colours?
A WALLDECAL COLOUR SAMPLE CAN BE A GREAT HELP
We offer a wonderful selection of vinyl colours for your chosen wall decal design. We have carefully selected colours or combinations during the design process. These colours are shown in the gallery images. However our wall decals are available in all 30 colours, so please select the one that will best suit your decor. If you would like to receive a wall decal colour sample, you can choose up to five selected colours for a small fee from our shop.
WALL DECAL COLOUR SAMPLES CAN BE USED IN TWO WAYS:
- You can use them to help you select the best colours for your new wall decal.
- They can also be used to test the suitability of the vinyl material in your particular application – for example, if you are unsure of whether the vinyl will stick to a particular surface.
Once you are satisfied with the suitability of the vinyl and your colour selection, the wall decal sample can easily be removed and you can be confident that when you purchase one of our great decals, you will have chosen the best colours for your chosen design.
HOW TO INSTALL A SAMPLE DECAL?
In order to allow you to try installing the vinyl on your wall, we supply an extra sample. This sample has the extra layer of clear application film applied to the surface. (This is how we supply the majority of our decals). The application film allows the decal to be transferred easily to the wall (especially where the spacing is important such as with text or intricate designs).
- Give the surface a rub over to ensure the vinyl has adhered well to the application film.
- Carefully peel off the paper backing layer, making sure the decal is stuck to the clear application film.
- Holding the edges of the application film, position the decal on the wall and rub over the entire surface.
- Slowly peel the application film away, leaving behind the decal on your wall.
Please note that any freshly painted surfaces need to be completely cured before applying vinyl decals. We recommend waiting at least 3-4 weeks.
HOW TO VIEW COLOUR SAMPLES?
It is important to look at your samples at different times of the day and under different lighting conditions. Try to replicate the lighting conditions of the area the decal will be installed as this will obviously give the best indication of the actual colour. It may also be worth considering what other colours are nearby as larger areas of bold colour can throw a colour cast which can affect your perception of the colour samples. If you just want to view the colour of the samples and don’t want to place them on the wall, that’s fine too. Just be sure to remove from backing paper when viewing as the colour of the backing paper can be distracting to the eye.
IF YOU ARE STILL UNSURE...
We are only too happy to offer advice. Just email us a picture of your space with your thoughts and ideas and our interior designer will help you to select a colour scheme that will work well with your chosen design and enhance your interior space.